Summer Programs & Opportunities
Student Leadership Program is Going Virtual
We are excited to announce that the 2020 Student Leadership Program (SLP) will be offered virtually this summer. With the social distancing recommendations for COVID-19 in place, we did not want to miss out on the opportunity to still provide this leadership experience for our students. During times of change comes innovation and we are looking forward to offering our SLP program in this new unique way -- fully virtual. Our team is dedicated in helping students realize their true leadership potential and offering the program virtually will allow us to reach even more young leaders. Register today.
Duke Youth Programs is now offering online courses!
Duke Youth Programs’ Summer Online Program offers two sessions of classes for middle and high school students. Our richly diverse participants will spend their days crafting fiction and nonfiction, writing and performing poems, cracking and creating codes, exploring trailblazing research, debating ethical dilemmas, and enjoying virtual tours of Duke’s world class labs and other popular sites on Duke’s campus. Session I will meet during the weeks of June 15 - June 26 and Session II will meet during the weeks of July 13 - July 24.
Classes will meet synchronous from 10:00 am-12:00 pm and asynchronous from 1:00 pm-3:00 pm.
Our programs promote innovation, engagement, and a love for learning. The classes are designed to provide each participant with a high-quality academic experience and opportunities to connect with peers with similar interests and curiosities.
Join us this summer and be transformed!
- Camp Psych - Campers will get hands-on experiences that introduce them to research in psychology during this fun, challenging, and engaging introduction to the field.
- Sunderman Piano Institute - Pianists 12-17 years old who desire to improve their performance skills, collaborate with other pianists, and dive deeply into related music subjects of their choice. Pianists will have opportunities to perform in daily studio class, and the final Friday concert will showcase pianists in both solo and ensemble works.
- Writing Camp - Students gain an in-depth introduction to all four genres of creative writing: fiction, poetry, nonfiction, and writing for stage and screen.
- 3D Object Modeling and Printing Camp - Students will study 3D object modeling and printing starting with the basics of a 3D printer. After learning the fundamentals, they will practice designing objects.
- Coding for Robotics & Electronics Camp - Students will gain hands-on experiences in coding, wiring, hardware, and building robots through the open source software known as Arduino. Throughout this camp, campers will learn basic electrical engineering, the physics behind electricity, and how to think like a scientist.
- Civil War Institute Summer Conference - The High School Student Scholarship component of Gettysburg College's annual Civil War Institute summer conference provides high school students an opportunity to explore the history of the Civil War era on the site of the war's most decisive battle.
Rustic Pathways Not only is Rustic Pathways a pioneer in providing quality travel and service programs for students and educators, but we’re also redefining how to integrate education, travel, and philanthropy in a world where all people are connected by a shared humanity. At Rustic, our mission, vision, and values drive the way we run our programs, partner with local communities, and live our lives.
Our mission is to empower students through innovative and responsible travel experiences to positively impact lives and communities around the world.
Summer Sports Camps: We offer Summer Falcon Sports Camps for student 8 to 18 who want to participate in numerous sports and are led by our very own head coaches! Click here for additional information.
CIEE High School Summer Abroad and Global Navigator Scholarships with 30 summer programs in Language & Culture, Service & Leadership, and Content Studies, it's easy for student to follow their passions and chart a course to one of 16 amazing destinations around the world.
Global Navigator Scholarship make this opportunity possible for deserving students. Only available through CIEE, these scholarships help families cover 10 to 100 percent of the cost of our summer study abroad programs. Scholarships are awarded based on a combination of merit, financial need, and student interest in our program themes.
There's more online! Visit our website at ciee.org/high-school-summer abroad for more information.
ASSE International Student Exchange Program is pleased to provide your students an opportunity to study abroad in the 2018-19 school year. Exchange students develop leadership skills, self-confidence and a greater understanding of the complexities of the world around them. This is why the best universities, as well as corporations and other professionals, look favorably on student who have spent a school year abroad. For more information, visit ASSE.com.
Middle and High School Summer Experiences continue on your path of academic success with high school and middle school summer programs at Washington University in St. Louis. To learn more or to apply, visit summerexperiences.