Summer Programs & Opportunities
Heads up, students! The 2020 Duke University Summer Session info is ready for you! Check it out here.
Ask yourself: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Are you conducting ground-breaking research? Maybe you’re already a leader crafting policies that have a global impact. Or, are you tackling the world’s most complex challenges? At Duke University Summer Session you will take a thrilling first step toward your future success!
- Camp Psych - Campers will get hands-on experiences that introduce them to research in psychology during this fun, challenging, and engaging introduction to the field.
- Sunderman Piano Institute - Pianists 12-17 years old who desire to improve their performance skills, collaborate with other pianists, and dive deeply into related music subjects of their choice. Pianists will have opportunities to perform in daily studio class, and the final Friday concert will showcase pianists in both solo and ensemble works.
- Writing Camp - Students gain an in-depth introduction to all four genres of creative writing: fiction, poetry, nonfiction, and writing for stage and screen.
- 3D Object Modeling and Printing Camp - Students will study 3D object modeling and printing starting with the basics of a 3D printer. After learning the fundamentals, they will practice designing objects.
- Coding for Robotics & Electronics Camp - Students will gain hands-on experiences in coding, wiring, hardware, and building robots through the open source software known as Arduino. Throughout this camp, campers will learn basic electrical engineering, the physics behind electricity, and how to think like a scientist.
- Civil War Institute Summer Conference - The High School Student Scholarship component of Gettysburg College's annual Civil War Institute summer conference provides high school students an opportunity to explore the history of the Civil War era on the site of the war's most decisive battle.
Virginia Masonry Association This 3.5 year Apprenticeship allows apprentices to learn from seasoned masons with on-the-job training during the day, while taking courses one night per week. Courses run a total of 30 weeks and include textbook work as well as hans-on training. Upon completion of the Apprenticeship, graduates become Journeyman Bricklayers and will receive certification from the State of Virginia Department of Labor and Industry. This certification is recognized nationally. This program is designed for employees of our Masonry Contractor Members. It is completely free of charge to the Apprentice (including textbook!) who will also be paid for their on-the-job training. Visit the website at www.VirginiaMasonry.org for more information.
Find Yourself at Stanford Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies offer highly motivated, intellectually curious students the opportunity to investigate topics not typically taught in secondary schools. Students engage in small classes taught by instructors who are experts in their fields and passionate about teaching. In this setting, students hone their academic skills and form new friendships with intellectual peers.
Summer at Duke
Good news from Duke Summer Session! We are happy to announce that we are now accepting applications for our life-changing summer programs at Duke University. Whichever program you choose, over the course of the summer, you will find that Duke Summer Session is committed not only to building lifelong memories and friendships from around the world, but to laying the foundation for a future of collegiate success. It is for this reason that students regularly report that our programs strengthened their college application and paved the way for academic excellence at top universities. Follow the links below to apply to one of our transformative summer programs:
Summer College Application – A four-week, credit-bearing program for US students currently in 10th or 11th grade and international students currently in 10th – 12th grade in which they take undergraduate-level courses.
Summer Academy Application – A three-week program for students currently in 9th – 12th grade in which they take a certificate course.
Intensive STEM Academy Application – A one-week, STEM-based program for students currently in 9th – 12th grade that consists of a variety of laboratory tours, faculty lectures, and workshops.
We strongly encourage you to apply online today, as spaces fill quickly!
Rustic Pathways Not only is Rustic Pathways a pioneer in providing quality travel and service programs for students and educators, but we’re also redefining how to integrate education, travel, and philanthropy in a world where all people are connected by a shared humanity. At Rustic, our mission, vision, and values drive the way we run our programs, partner with local communities, and live our lives.
Our mission is to empower students through innovative and responsible travel experiences to positively impact lives and communities around the world.
United States Air Force Academy
Summer Seminar: Summer Seminar offers a unique opportunity to experience the Air Force Academy first-hand. It is specially designed for high school juniors heading into their senior year to get a realistic perspective of cadet life. Students will live in the dormitories, eat at the Academy’s dining facility, explore the various academic/military programs and courses that the Academy has to offer, and participate in a variety of different physical fitness activities (to include a practice CFA). The application is open from 1 December 2015 to 15 January 2016, and it is free to apply. There are two sessions: 12-17 June 2016 and 19-24 June 2016. Student may apply here.
Summer Sports Camps: We offer Summer Falcon Sports Camps for student 8 to 18 who want to participate in numerous sports and are led by our very own head coaches! Click here for additional information.
CIEE High School Summer Abroad and Global Navigator Scholarships with 30 summer programs in Language & Culture, Service & Leadership, and Content Studies, it's easy for student to follow their passions and chart a course to one of 16 amazing destinations around the world.
Global Navigator Scholarship make this opportunity possible for deserving students. Only available through CIEE, these scholarships help families cover 10 to 100 percent of the cost of our summer study abroad programs. Scholarships are awarded based on a combination of merit, financial need, and student interest in our program themes.
There's more online! Visit our website at ciee.org/high-school-summer abroad for more information.
ASSE International Student Exchange Program is pleased to provide your students an opportunity to study abroad in the 2018-19 school year. Exchange students develop leadership skills, self-confidence and a greater understanding of the complexities of the world around them. This is why the best universities, as well as corporations and other professionals, look favorably on student who have spent a school year abroad. For more information, visit ASSE.com.
Middle and High School Summer Experiences continue on your path of academic success with high school and middle school summer programs at Washington University in St. Louis. To learn more or to apply, visit summerexperiences.